Eighteen year old Samiya Albert is a student who hails from Pointe Larue. Her favourite sport is volleyball and she enjoys reading romantic, mystery, supernatural and adventure novels. She also has a deep interest in flora & fauna, health and medicine. She plans to work as a dental hygienist, own her own home and eventually build a family.
Project: Child Neglect
I want to create awareness for these children because we are not really focusing on them. Many of these young children want a normal childhood. They are not able to receive one because some of them their parents have financial problems and other personal issues. But the most common social problem is that most of these parents are on drugs and alcohol.
I will not be able to eliminate this type of abuse, but however I will help these children:
- To know the real culture of Seychelles
- Why they should not fall into bad influences
- Take them to different friendly & educational places where they can feel safe and have a little bit of fun
- Educate them about the future and that one day they can be someone important in life
- Organize small talks about how to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Organize a home work study group after school
Click here to view/download Samiya's full project.